Friday, September 10, 2010

She's already 1 month old...oh my goodness.

So I'm sure you can forgive me for not being quick with the updates...if not...maybe we need to have a talk. :D Maybe you don't know what just happened 31 days ago?! hahah

Anywho...as I begin this post, the clock has just ticked into the early morning hours of September the 10th, and my daughter is officially 1 month old plus almost an hour. To keep me awake I have Backstreet Boys playing on my iTunes and I realize now that I just nursed Lailah into a deep slumber ::SCORE!!!!::...she's sleeping in my lap on the boppy pillow. Quite frankly, I have NO idea why I'm typing this now because I should be getting some shut eye. Tomorrow morning I have my 1 month doctors appointment which means I ACTUALLY have to set my alarm! OYE! Oh how blessed I am to be able to stay home with my daughter where one of the many perks happens to be waking up when she decides to wake up which has been somewhere in the 9 o'clock hour for the most part. But I realize, that if I don't write this for you all now, I won't write it...something WILL undoubtedly come up.

Right now I am in the process of "cutting" music for the Napa High Spiritleading team, something that I do every year, if you weren't familiar with that fact. Any time she falls asleep, I'm glued to the computer listening to music...this year it's oh so familiar TV show theme songs...DORA THE EXPLORER WILL NOT GET OUT OF MY BRAIN! It's okay tho...it's cute! :D

Today I started CLOTH DIAPERING! WOOT WOOT! So there is #2 in 1 month of the things that people though I couldn't or wouldn't follow through with (the first being all natural delivery). I must say...a couple weeks ago when we ran out of the first 2 bags of disposables I was nervous to begin...all the sizing options with my FuzziBunz diapers intimidated me. There are 6 elastic adjustments and a number of snaps..AHHHHH!!! I told Jordan I would start at a month, and today we finished the bag...well, all but one, which I could have used because as I was about to leave on our walk she pooped (10 minutes after I changed a poop LOL) but I left on the walk, because we were going to the cloth diapering guru's house (a business woman in Napa who owns BUMRITEdiapers.com Her name is Angela and she's great!!!) She helped me with the adjusting of the diapers so they would fit Lailah just right, and so she got her first feel of FuzziBunz on her little buns this evening. THEY ARE SO DARN CUTE! There are some pictures I took of her this evening...you'll see!

So before I go...I just want to say, I'm so in love with my little Buttercup! Everything about her amazes me and while I don't break into tears...as easily...anymore, over how beautiful she is and how blessed I feel, I do stare at her in wonderment and awe, everyday. She's getting bigger with each passing day (bitter sweet) and she brings so much laughter to the two of us; she is simply irresistible! I love putting on her cute flowers and bows and I must say it makes me a very proud mommy when people tell me how pretty she is! What can you expect? She's MY DAUGHTER! LOL JUST KIDDING, because TRUTH BE TOLD...she apparently looks nothing like me...she looks like everyone on my husbands side of the family back to great aunts and uncles probably...I'm just the incubator. ;) She better at least get my dancing skills or something. ::wink wink::

I'll leave you with some pictures from our first month together!

Love,
Momma Bear












TATA for now...hope you like my pictures! :D I know I do!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...